Happy New Year from all of us at Juzo. For many of us, a new year symbolizes new goals or renewed motivation. In 2018, we hope to help more of you reach your goals to become healthier and more active – and with our new products, we should be able to achieve that!
At Juzo, we’re always looking for opportunities to enhance our product line to further improve the health and wellbeing of our customers. To better achieve this goal, we expanded our product line to include solutions to manage Lymphedema during each phase of Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT) treatment.
CDT is the international gold standard treatment option for lymphedema and involves manual lymphatic drainage (MLD), compression management, consistent skin care and exercise. There are two phases of CDT – decongestion and maintenance. Juzo offers an extensive line of compression garments that are ideal for the maintenance phase when exercise and being active are critical. Our new products expand our product solutions into the first phase of treatment – decongestion.
During the decongestion phase, a patient will undergo MLD to help accumulated lymph fluid drain through proper channels. Juzo’s new compression products that help promote drainage and manage swelling changes include:
- Juzo Compression Wrap – an alternative to bandages that delivers high working pressure to manage edema. The fasteners make it easy to put on and adjust and also reversible in black or beige.
- SoftCompress Liners and Pads - can be worn under short-stretch bandages, compression garments or wraps and have a skin-friendly cotton surface. The vertically stitched foam channels create pressure variations that aid in the breakdown of fibrotic tissue and improving lymph drainage. Juzo SoftCompress allows for a more comfortable and efficient application of bandaging.
- Juzo TheraPad – is ideal for targeted pressure using a special nubbed surface that gently stimulates the tissue to reduce fibrosis and encourage drainage. They also help evenly distribute compression and concave areas and can be worn under short-stretch bandages or wraps.
- Juzo Therapy Tape – an alternative or compliment to bandages, the kinesiology tape assists with stimulating the movement of lymph by stretching the skin wherever it is placed and more effectively increasing the flow of lymphatic fluid.
- Juzo SoftCompress Bandages and Gauze – a more traditional compression therapy aid that exerts low resting and high working pressure on the limb using a soft, 100 percent cotton material. The gauze is great for sensitive skin, joints and hard to bandage areas such as genitalia, fingers and toes.
Although there is no cure for lymphedema today, we know that wearing a variety of different compression garments is one of the most important aspects treating and managing the disease. We hope these new products will contribute to more positive outcomes for those of you impacted by the condition. If you want more information, email one of our Juzo experts at email@example.com or click here for more information.
And, we always like hearing from you. Leave a comment below to let us know what your favorite Juzo products are and why. If you’ve tried any of the new products, be sure to share your feedback with us.